olive oil, for greasing pan
4 - 7 oz portions of a firm white fish, (snapper, skin removed), talapia, halibut
salt & pepper
1. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over med to high heat until hot.
2. Season with coarse black pepper.
3. Add fish and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Turn and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until and the fish is opaque and just cooked.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with lemon wedges and the lemon potato salad.
LEMON POTATO SALAD
1 lb, 10 oz wazy potatoes, peeled & sliced
1 t sea salt
1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c lemon juice
1 t sumac, optional
sea salt, extra
freshly ground black pepper
1 small green capiscum pepper, finely diced
2 large red chilies, seeded and finely diced
1/4 c chopped mint
1/2 c Italian flat leaf parsely leaves
6 scallions, finely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil over high heat.
2. Add the potatoes and salt, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 8 - 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
3. Remember to undercook the potatoes a little, because they continue cooking when removed from the water.
4. Place the olive oil, lemon juice and sumac in a bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour half the dressing over the hot potatoes and stir gently. Leave to cook.
6. Add the capisicum, chili, mint, parsley, spring onion and remaining dressing.
7. Stir gently.
[ as seen in "Bills Open Kitchen", by Bill Granger ]